Idylwood stables is a family-friendly barn offering instruction to children and adults from first time riders to experienced competitive show riders. We specialize in hunters, equitation and jumpers. The lessons are structured to provide a balance of fun, safety and challenge. Riding areas used for lessons include two outdoor rings (one is lighted), a round pen, a full-size polo field, a cross-country course and trails through pastures, woods and creeks.
In addition to riding, riders learn basic through advanced care of horses. For those riders with their own horse, lesson rates are reduced and several boarding options are available at very reasonable rates. Our instructors have years of experience coaching beginner through advanced students. Our limited student to instructor ratio maximizes attention to each individual. Additionally, our classes are designed so that students of a comparable level are grouped together, allowing the more experienced to advance. Students needing additional practice to move up to the next level are encouraged to ride outside of class and lesson horses are available for lease for this purpose. All incoming students are required to take at least one private class for the purpose of evaluating their individual riding levels. Private or semi-private lessons are required until the fundamentals of steering and stopping have been mastered. Special events such as an Easter Egg Hunt (mounted and on foot), Halloween Party with horses and riders in costume are held for Idylwood students.
Packages of 4 lessons starting at $225 or eight lessons for $400.
Lessons are offered to all prospective riders. Riders learn safety and horsemanship around and on horses while developing strong riding skills based in classical dressage and modern equitation.
- Students start with private lessons to evaluate their skills, and may then be placed in a group to broaden their experience.
- Beginners are placed on experienced “school masters”, horses that help riders build strong foundations.
- As students progress, our leasing program allows students to ride and show on quality horses and ponies.
- We have a proven skill for helping riders choose a correct match when purchasing their first horse or pony, or simply finding a new mount to meet changing goals.
- Idylwood Stables specializes in helping students build confidence and improve overall riding skill and horsemanship.
- Beginners start with private lessons, and must be committed to a riding program with a minimum of one lesson per week.